As a new affiliate marketer, you may think that Paypal is just a payment system who only receive and make payment. However, Paypal also rewards its existing customers who refer new customers to them. They have an affiliate program but they called it referral program instead. The exact name is “Merchant Referral Bonus Programme”.
So how can I earn $1000 from Paypal?
If you can refer new customer (referral) who sign up its Premier or Business account, you will earn a 0.5% monthly commission from the net sales in his/her account. However, you can only receive the first payout when the new sign-up reaches up to $200 in his/her account otherwise you will not able to receive anything even though he/she has already successfully signed up. Once the $200 criterion is met, you can continue earning the commission until it is up to a maximum of $1000. In short, you can earn up to $1000 per referral so if you refer 10 referrals, you can earn $10,000 which can be impressive income revenue.
Where is My Affiliate Link?
If you do not have a Paypal account, sign up here. If you have an account already, you can get your affiliate link easily from there.
- Log into your Paypal account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and locate “Referrals” at the footer navigation.
- Click on “Referrals” and it will lead you to “Merchant Referral Bonus Programme” page.
- You can see your affiliate link under “Send your personalized referral link in an email”.
- Copy the affiliate link and add it to your website.
- Alternatively, you can copy the referral logo code to your website.
- Starting telling your customers about this affiliate link and entice them to click on it and sign up.
- If any of the customers you referred sign up for the Premier or Business account, you can start earning commission when their accounts reach a minimum of $200 requirements.
Next, you may want to take note that there are conditions where you will not be eligible for the commission. For example, the customers you referred sign up for “Personal” account instead of the required accounts. Also, Paypal states that any sale of eBay item will not count toward its “Merchant Referral Bonus Programme” since Paypal is an eBay company. So you will not receive any commission if the customer you referred received only sales from eBay.
Nevertheless, it is one of the most lucrative affiliate programs offers online so give Paypal a try as it could add significant income to your affiliate business.